Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May 1, A Ludicrous Day

To help you understand how ludicrous it is for US businesses to complain about how they have lost business because the illegal immigrants they hired did not show up for work, let’s step back a bit.

Illegal does not mean they have applied for US citizenship. It does not mean they are current citizens working hard for their families in their former country, working hard to come to America. It means that these immigrants are in the US for a free ride – they are ILLEGAL.
Check out the following rationale, which is a paraphrase/summary of what some US businesses are lamenting because their non-US-citizen workers didn’t show up today:

“I lost business because the illegal immigrants didn’t come to work today. I’m losing money because the illegal immigrants I hired decided to strike. I depend upon the illegal immigrants for my business.”

Notice the word “illegal.” Let’s replace the words “illegal immigrants” with other illegal activities. Fill in the blanks with the following:

Thieves
Jailbreakers
Kidnappers
Perjurers

I lost business because the _______ didn’t come to work today. I’m losing business because the ________ I hired decided to strike. I depend upon the ________ for my business.”

Wake up, Americans. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve depended upon true, honest, American labor. This is a clarion call that we need to get back to the old ways of a good day’s work for a good day’s wages, and each person should work with his own hands. The businesses that hired illegal aliens deserve lost business; they’re knowingly operating with criminal labor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home